Thanks for taking interest in hiring me for your project. To best serve your needs, I need you to give me as much detail about your project. Please use this as a guide to define the vision for your project.
- What's the topic of your project? Be specific.
- Bad example: I need B2B emails written.
- Good example: I need B2B emails promoting booking services to spas.
- What's the final outcome that you want? What do you want delivered to you?
- Good examples: A full-length biography for an EPK; a movie review between 250 and 400 words long; a web page describing our customer service consulting service.
- Who is your audience?
- Good examples: Recent divorcees in San Diego county and the surrounding area; young people who like cats; music producers looking for new talent.
- Bad example: People who visit my website.
- What is the purpose of the piece? Where applicable, what action do you want them to take after reading the piece? What change do you want in the reader?
- Good example: I want to inform readers about my accomplishments and get them excited about my music; I want people to buy the product.
- Bad example: I want people to know about my business (too vague).
- When do you need it completed by?
- Samples of what you like and dislike. Define your vision as best as you can.
Ready to take the first step in making your project a success? Continue below.